Any updates on future Layar Tanchap will be posted here.
To anybody who's interested in volunteering as a crew member for the coming Layar Tanchap, please e-mail us.
As you all know, Layar Tanchap means 'moving screen' in Bahasa Indonesia. If possible, we'd like for you to start your own Tanchap troupe where you're staying in order for all of us to actually live up to the meaning of it. Mail us to find out how to start your own troupe.
- A little reminder to our visitors.
- Absolutely no profanity allowed!
- Feel free to link up this blog to your own website.
- You're most welcomed to write your own entries here as long as there're relevance.
- We were hijacked.
- Recently, our blog were found to have been infiltrated by certain irresponsible parties. Fortunately, the level of contamination has been reduced and the damages contained. Trust me...
- gampang sungguh... hehehe
- Let's support open source applications.
- This Blog is best viewed with Netscape Navigator v7.1 (Mac, PC), Mozilla (Mac, PC) and Safari v1.2 (Mac) at a resolution of 1024 x 768.
- Volunteers, please.
- We'll be needing a few volunteers to help out with the designing and maintaining of the new Layar Tanchap website. Anyone who's interested are most welcomed and those with knowledge on Dreamweaver MX is a bonus. Don't forget, eÂ·mail me.
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
From the desk of Abu Saiful Islam
Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu...
Allah SWT says in the Holy Quran (trans.):
"It is not for the Believers to go forth (all) together: if a contingent from every expedition go forth to devote themselves to studies in religion, and admonish the people when they return to them,- that thus they (may learn) to guard themselves (against evil)." (Al-Quran 09: 122)
In this verse Allah SWT communicates the students of knowledge about their duty. They are the selected group to fulfill the need of the Ummah and its mission's continuity. Ulema' produce mujahideen and mujahideen are those who defend the Deen. In this verse Allah uses the word "inzar - wa liyundziruu qawmahum" rather than "taa'lim" as to describe the duty of Ulema'. They are not only required to pass knowledge but also to remind the nation. Inzar is to remind and taa'lim is passing the knowledge. To remind and admonish the people means to guide them to differentiate between what is Halal (permissible) and what is Haram (prohibited).
This is the duty of all students of knowledge, the duty of Ulema', the inheritors of the Prophets.